How Did It End Up Like This?


We used to joke about us,
And how
“It started out with a kiss
How did it end up like this?
It was only a kiss.
It was only a kiss.”

But now I stop and wonder
How did it end up like this?
We were perfect
Everyone thought so.

But now I’m losing you,
“I just can't look its killing me
And taking control”
My bright shining star is fading fast
I’m trying to save her but she’s too far gone
She hid from me when she needed me and now it’s too late

She will become a warm memory.
A memory I cling to on cold lonely nights.
Will she cling to me as well?
Or will I fade from her life into the dark?

We started out with a kiss.

How did we end up like this?

Comments

  1. TRuly captivating, you can feel the raw emotion of this poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so emotional I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment