C*nt

Cunt.
Whore.
Bitch.
Slut.
Skank.
Pussy.
Dyke.


These are all words that you’ll hear if you walk down the halls of a school.
Notice how these insults are all aimed at girls.


But guys will tell each other “Don’t be such a pussy bro”
They equate having a vagina to being weak.


Why do we live in a world where I walk down the hallway and I’m insulted for just existing?
I am told to cover up my shoulders, my back, my waist, my legs, my personality.


But why? Why are those things treated as if they would be a danger to others if shown?
What would showing my collarbone and legs do?


I know what they’d do.
They’d call the chanting of “Cunt. Whore. Bitch. Slut. Skank.” and chase me down.

The words would pin me to the floor, the wall, whatever is closest and easier for the words.
They pin me down and strip me down to my core.

They take what isn’t theirs to take,
And they show what isn’t theirs to show.


Until there’s nothing for me to show,
Because everything’s already been shown to the world.


My body doesn’t feel like it’s mine sometimes.
It feels like it belongs to everyone around me.

They look at me and turn me into whatever they want to see me as.

Cunt. Whore. Bitch. Slut.

Comments

Post a Comment