My Heart


My heart is gone.
I didn’t really lose it
It left me.
It left me when they did.
Breanna
My Dad
Kimmy
Just to name a few.

A piece of my heart left me when Breanna left
It left because I thought she was the one.
I really loved her, and she loved me.
But she had to take care of herself first
So she left me.

Another piece left me when my dad left me.
He left me for his new wife, and his new kids.
He left me in a Del Taco.
His new family mattered more to him than I did.
So he left me.

The last piece of my heart left when my cousin Kim left.
She killed herself a few weeks ago.
She was supposed to come live with me.
Her life got to be too much though
So she left me.

With every time someone left,
My life got harder,
Because my heart got smaller.
My life was good,

But now I am broken and lost.

Comments