My childhood

I learned to cook dinner at age 8.
I learned how to organize the bills at age 9.
I learned how to take care of my dad at age 10.

My childhood was stolen from me.
It was stolen because my dad wasn't a dad.
He was more like a roommate.

I was told to get groceries for the house if I wanted dinner.
I was told to cook it if I wanted good dinner.
I was told to not wait up for him because he would be out late.

My childhood was learning how to be an adult
It was filled with stress
Just because of my dad.

My mom tried to help,
But at that point I was too far grown up.

I missed my childhood.

Comments

  1. Pro side of this story is you growing up more and faster than your not 100% responsible, commitment father

    ReplyDelete
  2. While losing your childhood sucks ass, you are going to be far better off than most kids our age. Plus you know exactly how NOT to be if you choose to have children of your own one day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment